Broiled Bluefish Á L’Anglaise with Maitre D’Hotel Butter
Broiled Bluefish Á L’Anglaise
3-3/4 lb bluefish fillets
Salt, as needed
Pepper, as needed
Lemon juice, as needed
4 oz Butter, melted
1 oz Fresh bread crumbs
• Trim the bluefish and make 10 equal portions, 6oz per person. Season the fillets with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
• Brush them with the melted butter; dip in the bread crumbs and gently press down on surface.
• Place the fillets on an oiled sizzler platter or oven safe pan and broil them in the oven until barely cooked through (flesh should be opaque and firm), about 3 to 4 minutes.
• Top each fillet with a slice of the Maitre d’hotel butter and pass under the broiler briefly to begin melting the butter, serve immediately.
Maitre D’Hotel Butter
8 oz Unsalted butter, room temperature
2 oz Parsley, minced
2 tsp Lemon juice
Salt & Pepper, as needed
• Work the butter by hand or with a paddle attachment until it is soft. Add the remaining ingredients and blend well. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
• The butter is ready to use and can be used immediately or chilled for later use.
Both recipes courtesy of The Professional Chef, 7th edition