3 Large eggs
9 oz French Green beans
9 oz Small Wax Potatoes
1 large Sun-Ripened Tomato, cut into eighths
1 Large Tuna Steak, about 12 oz – seared
1/2 Cup Provencal-Style Olives
1-3/4 oz can anchovy fillets in oil, drained
1 Tbsp Flat-leaf Parsley, minced
Scant 1/2 Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
3 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 Garlic cloves, minced
Salt and Pepper, as needed
• To make the vinaigrette, put all the ingredients in a screw top jar and shake until blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste, set aside.
• Bring 3 pans of water to a boil.
• In pan one, add the eggs and bring back to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes then remove from water and drop in bowl filled with ice and water. Let sit for 15 minutes, then remove from water, peel, and quarter.
• In pan two, add the beans and bring back to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes, remove from water and place in a large bowl. Shake the dressing and pour it over the beans.
• In pan three, cook the potatoes until they are tender, drain and add to the beans and dressing while still hot. Allow the beans and potatoes to cool in the dressing.
• Add the tomato pieces to the vegetables in the dressing and toss together. Break the tuna into large chunks and gently toss with the other ingredients.
• Mound the tuna and vegetables on a large serving platter. Arrange the hard-boiled eggs around the side. Scatter the olives over the salad, then arrange the anchovies in a lattice on top.
• Cover and chill.
• About 15 minutes prior to serving, remove the salad from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature.
• Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Recipe courtesy of What’s Cooking Mediterranean